Acne is the most common skin condition in the United States. It can develop as a result of bacteria, clogged pores, dead skin cells and oil production, and there are many factors that can make it worse, such as hormones, certain medications, diet and stress. Acne can be frustrating, embarrassing and difficult to treat, but without treatment, dark spots and permanent scars can appear on the skin.
There are tons of different acne treatments available, but many of them may end up breaking the bank, while others come along with unwanted side effects. If only there were an inexpensive, natural treatment for acne… Good news, there is! Instead of throwing the peel away the next time you snack on a banana, you might want to keep it and use it as a natural acne-destroyer.
- Banana peels contain vitamins A, B, C and E, all of which contribute to healthy skin.
- Banana peels contain zinc, manganese and iron, which help calm inflamed skin.
- Banana peels work as natural exfoliants to remove toxins from pores.
- Banana peels are anti-septic, so they’re able to prevent bacterial infections that cause acne.
- Banana peels are rich in antioxidants that fight the germs that cause acne.
- Banana peels contain enzymes that hydrate skin, heal scars and prevent new acne from forming.
- Banana peels contain starch that helps dry out the excess oil clogging pores.
Try one of these six banana peel methods to help clear up your acne and reveal more smooth, clear and radiant skin:
1. Banana Peel
- Wash your skin with cool water and a milk cleanser, then pat dry with a clean towel.
- Eat a banana then cut the peel into small pieces.
- Massage skin with the inside of the banana peel for 10 minutes.
- If a piece turns brown, discard it and start with a fresh piece.
- Wait 20 minutes for skin to absorb nutrients.
- Repeat the process 2-3 times a day.
2. Banana Peel with Oats
Oatmeal works great as a natural exfoliant for the skin!
- In a blender, mix 1 banana peel with 1/2 cup of oatmeal and 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- Blend until smooth and pasty.
- Massage the paste onto the affected skin and leave on for 10 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
- Apply oil-free moisturizer.
- Repeat daily to get rid of acne.